Bridges Investment Management:
In 1945, our founder Marvin W Bridges, Sr. became the first investment adviser in Nebraska to register under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, laying the foundation for our Firm’s success. Today, we are a full service investment management firm in Omaha, Neb., led by Edson L. (Ted) Bridges and serving high-net worth individuals, corporate and individual retirement plans and charitable organizations. We employ a growth-oriented investment style, which seeks to invest capital in companies that achieve above average returns on equity and earnings per share growth versus the S&P 500.
Our investment philosophy keeps
us grounded and fuels us forward.
- We always seek to minimize risk as much as possible for a given level of expected investment return within a portfolio.
- Valuation and quality considerations are the most important elements in our investment process. A strong valuation discipline across our investment process enhances potential returns while mitigating risk, and a strong bias toward high quality assets as we invest also moderates risk.
- We believe that successful investing requires a long time horizon, deep knowledge of the securities that we invest in, and a forward-thinking opportunistic mindset.
- We think like business owners, not traders.
- We focus on transparency, control, flexibility, efficiency, and accountability in our investment process.
Our Firm’s investment philosophy is
predicated on three key tenets:
We believe that portfolio asset allocation is the most important determinant of investment return over time. We allocate capital within client portfolios across the major asset classes (cash, bonds, stocks, and alternatives) in order to meet specific client investment objectives while incurring as little risk as possible. Our investment approach to asset allocation is valuation-driven: we seek to overweight the asset classes that over time offer the best long-term risk-adjusted expected returns.
We believe in preserving capital, generating investment income, and reducing interest rate and credit risk to the lowest levels possible consistent with each client’s specific investment objectives, need for portfolio cash flow, and tolerance for risk. We view the role of fixed income in a portfolio as a source of income generation and risk minimization.
We believe that, over the long run, stock returns are driven by corporate financial performance, and growth in dividends and free cash flow; that a long-time horizon is necessary for superior financial performance to be reflected in a stock’s price; and seek to own companies that have superior business franchises that allow for strong growth in their business value over the long run.
Edson “Ted” talks firm philosophy and why it is so important. Watch and learn.
We manage your investments ourselves; we never outsource.
With an experienced team like ours, we don’t need to.
Our experience includes:
- Working with a wide range of clients with varying portfolio sizes, investment objectives, needs for cash flow, and prospects for growth of their asset base
- Investing in fixed income and equities
- Understanding the capital markets experience
- Developing valuation frameworks and actively allocating capital across asset classes
- Accessing historical capital markets returns and risk data
- Honing strong communication skills synthesizing complicated concepts for our clients
Each member of our staff averages more than 20 years of experience within our walls. In other words, we don’t sell products. We secure results. Watch the video to learn more.